The New Year approaches. Looking back on 2015 we rejoice in the Lord’s goodness for all the wonderful blessings we experienced. Let me share seven of those blessings.
Our verse for the year: I Corinthians 2:9 “Eye hath not see, nor ear heard, neither hath entered into the heart of man, the things God has prepared for those that love GOD.”
1. A great highlight: reading aloud through the Bible together.
2. We taught a Lip Reading course at Chattanooga State Community College. It was the first time lip reading was taught on a college campus anywhere in the U.S.A.
3. David finished writing a book entitled, “Lord, You Know I Can’t Hear!”, published in August.
4. We attended a “Cued Speech” language camp for Deaf and hard of hearing, an alternative method to American Sign Language (ASL). Cued Speech can be learned in twenty hours.
5. July marked the 25th anniversary year of the American Disabilities Act (ADA) signed into law in 1990. The physical handicapped laws made great strides, but the hearing disabled law seeks more progress for fifty million Americans who need hearing accessibility in public places including church.
6. The seed for a new ministry has been planted in my heart. A dear lady e-mailed me to ask if I conducted a morning worship service for hard of hearing, a church where her Deaf granddaughter could see, hear and understand everything.
My heart was broken because I personally need a church that is completely hearing accessible and prayed for this for nine years. Is God calling me to start such a church in Chattanooga, TN? A totally hearing accessible church in every department, service, and activity for all hearing handicapped people.
7. The best highlight: a Christmas party for Deaf and hard of hearing children and adults; an amazing event supported with gift cards, toys, food, cookies and music.
In 2016 may the Lord bring you many great blessings.
Happy New Year!
David and Cathy Harrison
PICTURES FROM THE CHRISTMAS PARTY FOR DEAF AND HARD OF HEARING CHILDREN AND ADULTS
Share and Enjoy